Updated: Feb 9
Relationship problems creep up you - you might be ignoring the signs and before you know it having problems has become your new norm. You fell in love, partnered up, maybe married, had children, built a home and do life together, then somehow you might slip into negative cycles without really knowing how you got there. The love, purpose and enthusiasm that use to spark in your relationship now buried under a pile of recurring issues and reactive rubble.
As well as emotionally disruptive, relationship problems can be devastating to all areas of your life. You want to break the negative cycle, to re-ignite the love that was between you and restore trust and intimacy, to take your relationship to the next level but you don’t know how.
Here are some relationship warning signs that you should pay attention to, before they spiral beyond repair.
· You are constantly arguing about the same thing
· You are reluctant or scared to express your feelings to your partner
· You are emotionally volatile
· You feel resentment and blame
· Silence replaces connection, conversation and laughter - you talk less and are no longer listening to each other
· You feel unloved, unappreciated, unloving and unappreciative
· You spend more time with people outside your relationship
· Your kids take priority over your partner
· Your sex life, spontaneity and passion dwindled to nothing
· Thoughts of separation start taking a grip
· You are confused
Not just with your spouse or partner, these signs may apply to your relationship with a family member, or with your children too. If you are experiencing any of these warning signs, and feel out of your depth it’s a positive idea to seek Relationship and Couples Counselling.